I was recently blessed with the opportunity to visit the Gilbert temple and it reminded me of how blessed we are to have temples!! And I am blessed to live fairly close to a house of the Lord. I wasn’t able to go inside like everybody else which made me sad, but I was still super excited to go because I knew that is the place I can go to feel the closest to my Heavenly Father and forget about the world for a little while. I had a lot of time to think while I was walking around the grounds and I was reminded how uniquely beautiful temples are and how they stand out amongst the city backdrops they are placed into. There are few places in the world you can go to and know that everyone will be kind. Normally I’m pretty nervous around strangers but on the temple grounds you find yourself admiring and wanting to talk to and take pictures of everybody. There is no fear only a sense of family and you are reminded of something you sometimes forget while being out in the world, we are all brothers and sisters and children of God.
As soon as you set foot on the temple grounds, you instantly can tell that you are in a special place. The spirit is very strong and just being there feels different than being in the rest of the world. Every little thing is beautiful and you can feel the love of your Father in heaven. I wanted to look nice going to the temple and wear make up but due to some crazy circumstances (firedrills and whatnot lol) I had to just go as I was in the morning. Now I don’t normally wear make up so I wasn’t freaking out but sometimes I feel insignificant or not as pretty as everyone else while I’m out in the world and I figured the temple is a beautiful place and I was going out for the day that I would try and look nicer so I could feel confident. I was a little bit nervous to go to the temple with all the dressed up people and beautiful couples getting married and feel like I didn’t look good at all. But a crazy thing happened while I was there, I forgot all about my fears and felt beautiful!!
I think that sometimes when we are out in the world we forget our worth or we puttoo much of our worth into make up and clothes. But while I was at the temple I felt beautiful and was reminded that I am a daughter of God. That I have worth because he is my father not due to how I look. We all brought our worth with us when we came to the earth and it will never change! Being beautiful on the inside is what makes us beautiful in God’s eyes!
I usually enjoy reading scriptures but I felt so at peace and ached to continue reading while I was at the temple. It’s like reading came so much easier and I didn’t have anything else I was hurry to get to or would rather do. It is really cool to read the New Testament and think about being in a time when Jesus was really there at the temple and teaching on the earth. I could just imagine Christ being there and teaching the people, smiling and surrounded by children. It brings tears to my eyes to think that Jesus is our shephard and he cares so much about each individual sheep that when I became a lost sheep, he left the rest of the herd and found me. How much love he has to have for each of us to be willing to not only die for us and our sins but to do all that he can to bring us back home and go after us when we stray. I gave up on me and the church for awhile but Christ and Heavenly Father never did. Though the decision to come unto them had to be completely mine, they were always there waiting for me to reach out to them so they could love and help me. How amazing it is to have a father and brother (and I’m sure a lot of people on the other side of the veil) who love you that much?!
Sadly, our time at the temple had to come to an end eventually. I don’t have the opportunity to visit much but I’m going to make more of an effort to save money to come more often. I never wanted to leave this place where I felt so much love and the veil seemed a little bit thinner. A place where I was confident and felt beautiful and loved everyone who came through. A place with no worries and a very strong spirit. I ache to go back everyday since we visited. 
No comments:
Post a Comment