Saturday, December 3, 2016

You Don't Have to Be Perfect Yet

I’m no where near perfect and do you want to know something awesome?  It’s ok!  There will be a time after the second coming when we will all be resurrected and made perfect, but until then, we are only human!  And it’s ok!  I felt the need to talk about this because though the scriptures encourage us to be perfect even as Christ is perfect (Matthew 5:48; 3 Nephi 12:48), everyone seems to get so discouraged when they feel like they don’t measure up or make a mistake.  Our Father in Heaven knows each and everyone of us very well and though He wants us to try our hardest to be our best, He doesn’t expect us to be perfect 100% of the time now.  
There are days I feel like such a failure that I don’t want to get out of bed.  I feel depressed to the point where I’m not sure if I want to live anymore.  Sometimes I get anxiety just going to walmart or church.  I fall short.  I don’t measure up to who the Lord (and myself) expect me to be.  I mess up.  I make mistakes.  I am anything but perfect.  And that’s ok!  I’m sure a lot of you feel all of these things too and maybe more, so I’m here to remind you that you are amazing!  Yes we can’t just give up on trying and expect the Lord to bless us with no effort, but the great thing about the church is that we get credit for trying!  Our purpose is to learn, grow, become like Christ, and bring others to Christ too.  
Making mistakes are one of the reasons we came to this earth.  As spirits in heaven, we couldn’t improve and we knew Heavenly Father personally to the point where we didn’t question Him or lose faith (unless you are the ⅓ from the war in heaven that followed Lucifer, but you are on this earth so you choose to follow the Lord’s plan!).  We couldn’t grow and become better without being tested and we didn’t really encounter trials in heaven.  So here we are on this beautiful earth our Father created for us.  And not just at any time, but in the last days!  Do you know how important you are to have been saved for this imperative time!  We are getting close to the second coming of Christ and as Millennials, we have been put on this earth at a very wicked time to be strong leaders and help bring people to Christ’s fold.  

“You are a ‘chosen generation, “foreordained by God to do a remarkable work-to help prepare the people of this world for the second coming.” -Russel M Nelson

So if you ever feel like you are unimportant or aren’t sure if you can make it through another day, remember this: your Father in Heaven believes in you!  He wouldn’t have put you here in such trying times if he didn’t know how strong you were.  As hard as it can be to get up and face our trials and work to be a good disciple of Christ, there is nothing more important than learning to rely on the Lord and put Him first in all things.  It is through our hardships that God shapes us into who He knows we can become.  We might feel inadequate at times, but the Lord qualifies who He calls and He knows our strengths and weaknesses.  He knows our mistakes and struggles, and yet He still loves us unconditionally.  And with someone as powerful and loving as the Lord on our side, how can we fail?!

“The Lord never loses sight of our eternal potential, even when we do.” -Carole M Stevens

We all have times where we don’t know if we’re going to make it and I promise that no matter what your situation and feelings, you are not alone!  Please don’t give up!  Pray to your Father in Heaven to feel how much love He has for you!  Doing just that has saved my life.  You are stronger than your battles and it is ok to not be perfect!  What is important is that we make the decision to get up and fight.  That we work to become better.  We repent and learn from our mistakes.  That we look to God in all that we do and strive to serve him just a little bit better every day.  And in case no one has told you recently, you are amazing!  Each and everyone of you.  You are strong!  You are beautiful!  You are smart!  You are loved!!  And don’t you ever forget it!    

“He knows when you are lost, and He knows where you are.  He knows your grief.  Your silent pleadings.  Your fears.  Your tears.  It matters not how you became lost-whether because of your own poor choices or because of circumstances beyond your control.  All that matters is that you are His child.  And He loves you.”  

    You can always turn to the Lord.  No matter how you feel or what you have done, He understands and He still loves you!!  Changing isn’t easy whether it is overcoming a temptation or sin or learning to love yourself and face each day with a smile, but with the strength and love of the Lord, change is possible!!  

“As we strive ever ore consistently to do good and become better, we can walk with the confidence that God will guide our steps.”  -David A Bednar

    Everyday is a new day to try a little harder to be a little better.  Trust God and keep going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment