Thursday, November 3, 2016

Trusting in the Lord

      Things have been a little tough for me lately but I know that no matter what life throws at me or how I'm feeling (etc), it is important to continue pressing forward in the church and growing your relationship with the Lord.  Sometimes it is hard when you feel as if all of your effort is useless and Heavenly Father feels out of reach.  It is in these trying times that we need the Lord most.  Hardships don't last and our faith in the Lord can make them so much easier (even though it doesn't seem like it at the time). 
      Our Heavenly Father wants to be with us and bless us as much as he can, so if he feels distant it is usually due to a problem on our side.  We don't do it on purpose and sometimes we can't figure out why but no matter what, openly pray to your father in heaven, study his words in the scriptures, attend church, and trust in him. 
      I struggled recently with making major decisions.  I kept bouncing back and forth as I stressed about what would be best for my education, finances, horse, etc.  Everytime I thought I had it all figured out, I worried that it wasn't the right choice.  I prayed for guidance but I didn't feel like I was being answered.  I kept pushing on in trying to feel the spirit and listen to the Lord and eventually I was able to feel where I should go.  I was still a little nervous, but as soon as I started working towards the path I felt prompted too, everything started falling into place better than I could've hoped. 
      The Lord will never give up on you, so don't give up on him!  Trials and hard times will pass and a life with the Lord is far better than one without. 

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."  -Proverbs 3:5-6



       So now my horse and I will be heading up to freezing cold Idaho to attend BYU-I in January!  I am beyond excited to get my prereqs for vet school and to be surrounded by amazing people!  Phoenix has never been outside of southern Arizona so I'm curious to how she will react to snow lol.  And I've become a desert rat so I better buy a jacket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment